Friday, November 1, 2013

Wose Wedding Recap: The Morning Of

I'm always an early riser, and of course, the wedding day was no exception. I woke up at 6:30 sharp, feeling calm and excited. Adam and I agreed to write day-of letters to each other as our wedding gift, so I quietly sneaked out of bed, trying not to wake up Bridesmaid Kelly.


I made my way out of the guest house and over to The Point, where we'd be getting married in just a few hours. The early morning weather was absolutely perfect, and I was blissfully unaware of the nasty weather heading our way. A few vendors had already arrived to set up for our big day, so I got right to work on writing my letter to my almost-husband. A few tears and many more smiles later, I was done.

My letter to Adam (personal photo)

By the time I got back to the guest house, the girls were slowly waking up. Mom was on her way with breakfast and mimosas - time to get this party started! I am SO glad we decided to have a 5PM wedding, allowing us to have a leisurely start to the day. The rest of the morning was spent sipping champagne, nibbling on what little bit of food my nerves could stand, and of course, watching classic wedding movies. 

I tried to ignore the growing clouds outside, but there was no denying it: rain was imminent. I became incredibly anxious: what would this do to our outdoor wedding plans? We had absolutely no backup plan. Adam stopped by to drop off some wedding decor at the height of my anxiety, and being the rebel that I am, I sneaked out to the porch to talk to him. He was in gym shorts and a little hungover after a late night with the guys; I was a crying trainwreck in a bride robe. I took one look at him and all of my anxiety went right out the window. This was our wedding day and no matter the weather, it was going to be perfect. 

We had just a few minutes to soak it in before our day-of coordinator, Kim, our hair and make-up team, and photographers, arrived! Adam was shooed away and it was time to get ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment