Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Wose Wedding Recap: Intros and Awkward Dancing

For those of you who don't know my husband, I say this lovingly: I married a redneck. This made our wedding party introduction song choice a no-brainer. Obviously we'd be making our first public appearance as husband and wife to ZZ Top's "Sharp Dressed Man", giving a not-so-subtle nod to Duck Dynasty. When the first few notes came on and our guests went nuts, I knew we'd made the right choice.

All photos by Melissa Manzione Photography.

The bridal party waiting to be introduced
Look at that smug fist pump of satisfaction. Sigh. 
From there, we went straight into our first dance. For this, we threw a bit of a curveball. We chose "That's All I Need to Know" by Kenny Chesney for our first dance. It's not particularly well-known, but it's special to us. Adam and I were in a pretty horrible car accident together a few years ago, and this song happened to be on when it happened. 

Adam's car post-accident. (Personal photo)
Ever since then, I've always hated that song and associated it with the accident. About a month before the wedding, Adam made one of very few wedding requests: that we use this song for our first dance and associate a happy memory with it. How could I say no to that logic? Sure enough, it was the perfect song for our almost-rainout wedding: 

"The weatherman says it's a wet weekend, well he just might be right. But rain or shine, you'll be mine tonight. And that's all I need to know." 



We swayed awkwardly, tried to ignore everyone staring at us, and gushed about how perfect everything was. It was awesome. Adam even surprised me with a lift at the end!



Next up, we dance with our parents, listen to speeches during dinner, and get the party started with a wedding reception classic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment