Saturday, November 16, 2013

Wose Wedding Recap: We Finally Party!

The rest of the reception was a happy, fun blur. "Your wedding day goes by so slowly!" said no one ever. Everywhere I looked, I saw our friends and loved ones mingling, dancing, and enjoying the bar. The rain was now a distant memory, and it was even a little cool outside. Perfect for dancing under the stars!

All photos by Melissa Manizone Photography.

My biggie and her boyfriend, and a sweet shot of our outdoor dance floor!
Bridesmaid Casey and Bridesmaid Little 
Adam's grandfather and Aunt Judy
 Apparently my two younger brothers got into a danceoff. I'm not sure where I was at this point, but I can't wait for our video to arrive so I can see who won!



At some point, DOC Kim came and told Adam and I that it was time to cut the cake. We made our way over to the cake table...


 

...and the next thing I knew, I was ready to cut into the cake, surrounded by everyone, but one very important person was missing: the groom! Apparently, he decided the cake cutting was a good time for a bathroom break. Sigh. After a solid minute of standing there, everyone started chanting Adam's name. That did the trick! 


Stood up at the altar cake table.
Peer pressure and a death stare. We put on a good show, folks.

There are some strong opinions out there regarding cake smashing. Whatever yours is, discuss it in advance with your groom - over and over again, if necessary. Adam knew in no uncertain terms that he was NOT to smash that cake in my face. He certainly got egged on by our guests and kept the suspense up, but we knew in advance that smashing wasn't our thing. 


Proof that it all went down according to plan. 
A reward for good behavior :)
For the rest of the evening, we danced, mingled with our guests, and just enjoyed ourselves. 


A conga line forming behind my husband. Welcome to the family, baby!

Lots of couples during a slow one. 
The wedding was almost over, but we had one more surprise planned for our guests: a sparkler exit! CJ the DJ announced that Wagon Wheel would be the last song of the evening, and then guests could grab a sparkler and line up outside the tent near the exit. 

Except - Wagon Wheel wasn't really the last song, at least not for Adam and I! As our guests filed out and distracted themselves with fire, we hung back. Just a few days before the wedding, we made the last-minute decision to have a private last dance. So private in fact, our photographers didn't even know about it! It was perfect that way - no cameras to look good for, no guests to entertain. Just my husband and I, not on display for the first time all day, holding each other and recapping the day. We danced to Eric Clapton's classic "Wonderful Tonight" and it was, in a word, wonderful. 

After the song was over, we made our way over to our guests and made our grand exit! The wedding was officially over, and we were off to a relaxing afterparty via a limo bus with our wedding party.





That does it for recaps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment