Saturday, November 2, 2013

Wose Wedding Recap: The Ceremony

Before we knew it, it was almost five o'clock. Guests were in their seats, Adam and the guys were waiting near the boat bar, and the girls and I were killing time in the guest house. 


Pre-ceremony groomsmen toast. Looks brutal, huh?


The next thing I knew, I was lined up with my dad and bridesmaids waiting to walk up the aisle. Dad oscillated between trying not to cry, and trying to figure out how the hell we were supposed to link arms naturally. Seriously, it looks like a no-brainer, but it isn't! DOC Kim finally had to come set us straight. 


  
Notice that our "aisle" was actually a pier. When our original ceremony location flooded, the most viable back-up plan meant a pier for an aisle and about a four-foot walk through a rock bed in full view of our guests. Frankly I really didn't care where we had the ceremony at this point, I was just promising my firstborn in hopes that the rain wouldn't return. 

The location change did mean that I couldn't wear my beloved BHLDN elopement pumps to the ceremony. Thank goodness Bridesmaid Little had an extra pair of nude wedges in my size! And that's the story of the time I got married and wasn't even wearing my own shoes.

My beautiful elopement pumps and bouquet. Le sigh. 


Somehow we made it up the aisle without tripping. Dad hugged me, shook Adam's hand, and the ceremony began. 


The rest of the ceremony went off without a hitch. Actually that's a lie, I honestly have no idea how it went. I was too focused on 1. looking at Adam and smiling and 2. trying to remember what I was supposed to say and when. Thank goodness we hired a videographer and will be able to relive the ceremony soon, because I'd like to know what led to this:

What was so funny? 
Adam's sister, Kaitlyn, obliged us with a reading - twenty bucks, First Corinthians. Yeah it's cliche, but you can't get better than that verse for a wedding reading. You just can't. And it's my wedding day; I can be cliche if I want to! 

Adam's sisters also performed our ceremony music!
The next thing I knew, it was time for the big kiss and we were officially husband and wife! 


The hard part was over and it was almost time to party. As we walked back up the pier/aisle, we talked and laughed and just tried to soak it all in. Our wedding party was soon behind us, followed by our family. Hugs and smiles all around!

I love this picture of me and my Mom-mom. There was a line for bride hugs!
Next up, we get through family portraits super quickly thanks to our amazing photographers, and we take some fun pictures with our wedding party on the beach!

4 comments:

  1. Just stopping by from the bee! I love your dress- so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (New follower from WB)

    Those are such beautiful photos. You looked stunning on your wedding day. LOVE the shoes and bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popping in from the bee, girl you make one BEAUTIFUL bride! Seriously sweets, stunning!

    ReplyDelete