Friday, November 1, 2013

Wose Wedding Recap: Getting Ready


I chose Behind the Veil as our hair and make-up team, and I can't recommend them highly enough! They arrived around 11AM and got right to work, as we had quite a bit of prettying to do before pictures at 3. The plan was for Adam and I to meet then for our first look, then to take bridal party portraits right after that, so as not to cut into our partyin' time after the ceremony. 

Bridesmaid Little had put together a getting-ready playlist, so we put that on and took turns getting our hair and make-up done. Finally it was my turn! All photos by Melissa Manzione Photography unless otherwise noted.


I absolutely LOVED my hair and make-up on our wedding day. The girls at Behind the Veil did an amazing job!

That clip was a whopping $6 at Charming Charlie. Bride on a budget, y'all.
I clean up well!
The FUNNIEST thing that happened pre-wedding was when someone realized that my ribbon belt, a ZTA wedding tradition to be worn under my wedding dress, had been left at our house. 
My Big sent me a new ribbon on the back of her RSVP! (personal photo)
Luckily, Adam and the guys were getting ready at our house, so Bridesmaid Denise called Groomsman Eric to have him search for it. Being your typical guy, he had absolutely no idea what a ribbon belt was, let alone where to find it in my now completely disheveled dining wedding storage room. The search quickly devolved into using FaceTime to let me look for it myself. Finally, after some good laughs, it was located and added to the list to be brought to the wedding venue.

Yay technology!
Before I knew it, Mom and the girls were dressed and it was time to get in my gown. 




I know this is the most obvious statement ever, but I LOVED my dress. The detailed lace, the open keyhole back, the fact that it wasn't strapless or even white - ugh. It was just perfect for me. 

Now that I was all dressed and ready to go, it was time to read Adam's letter to me. He's not the overly sensitive, share-all-our-feelings type, so I didn't honestly didn't expect much. His letter to me absolutely blew me away. I'm not going to share the contents of it, but it was so wonderful. In fact, the only time I really cried on our wedding day was while reading it. Both of our letters are now safely tucked away in our nightstands. 


Next up, I meet Adam for our first look!

No comments:

Post a Comment